Main Hall

Built in Elizabethan times (between 1571 and 1580, as marked on the outside wall), on the site of an earlier timbered hall, with large mullioned windows and wainscotting. This was replaced in the early 18th century with a Georgian interior of cornice and dado rail, with four balancing doorcases. The Main Hall has been used for music throughout its various incarnations, as well as for entertaining and larger family gatherings. In late Victorian and Edwardian times, as well as the Bechstein grand piano, there was a pipe organ in this room; this has since been donated to the local church, its new home.

Contact us for more information
Main HallParlourStudyGothic RoomOak RoomCryptCourtyardExhibitions